Paul practices corporate, commercial and insurance litigation, at both the trial and appellate level. Originally from Ottawa, Ontario, Paul completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto in 1991, and then went on to obtain his Bachelor of Laws from UBC in 1995. Paul served as a law clerk at the Federal Court of Canada, Trial Division, prior to being admitted to the Law Society of British Columbia in 1998.
Paul has been published in a number of publications on a variety of subjects. He served on the editorial board of the Canadian Bar Association’s quarterly “Bar Talk” and as elected Secretary of the Canadian Bar Association’s Legal Research Section. He is active in the BC francophone community, was a founding member of the executive committee of the Association des juristes d’expression française de la Colombie-Britannique, and served as the elected president of Les P’tits Lutins preschool.
Paul stays very active with his young family. He enjoys camping, as well as playing squash and volleyball. He is an avid, although most certainly an amateur, guitarist, keyboardist and singer.
Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto, 1991
Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1995
Law Clerk, Federal Court of Canada, Trial Division, 1995-1997
Admitted to the Law Society of British Columbia, 1998
– Corporate, Commercial and Insurance Litigation
– Defence of Professional Errors and Omissions Claims
– Foreclosure and Insolvency
– Wills and Estates Litigation
– Personal Injury Litigation
– Appellate Advocacy
– “An Introduction to Drafting Pleadings” presented at the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia Civil Litigation Boot Camp (January 28-29, 2010)
– “Daubert Comes to Canada: Closing the Gates on Unreliable Scientific Evidence” (2008), 66 Advocate 539
– “A Pleadings Primer” presented at the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia Civil Litigation Boot Camp (January 10-11, 2008)
– “Junk Science in the Courts: Has the time come to adopt Daubert?” presented at the Canadian Defence Lawyers’ Symposium, The Best Defence (February 15, 2007)
– “BC Waste Management Amendment Act” (May 1997), legislative update distributed to various real estate groups
– “Listening In: Should the State Benefit from Evidence Derived from Illegal Wiretaps” (1995), 1 Appeal – Review of Current Law and Law Reform 21
– Canadian Bar Association
– The Law Society of British Columbia
– The Vancouver Bar Association
– Canadian Defence Lawyers
– L’Association des juristes d’expression française de la Colombie-Britannique