Maria practises in the areas of succession planning for business owners and individuals, including corporate reorganizations, family trusts, disability (Henson) trusts, alter-ego trusts, and all aspects of estate planning, from wills, wealth preservation and tax minimization strategies, to estate administration and probate applications.
Maria has extensive experience advising clients about corporate and commercial matters including corporate structures and buying and selling of businesses.She is the author of thatwillsblog, which focuses on the latest legal developments in the area of Wills and Estates and related issues. She is a frequent lecturer in her areas of expertise, both to clients and to other professionals in the field of estate planning.
University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1986
York University (Osgoode Hall Law School), LL.M. 2002
Year of Call: 1987 (B.C.)
– Will and Trusts
– Estate and Succession Planning
– Probate and Estate Administration
– Incorporations and Corporate Reorganizations
– Commercial and Corporate Transactions
– Incorporation and Registration of Charities
– Past-Chair of the Kettle Friendship Society
– Member, Estate Planning Counsel of Vancouver
– Canadian Bar Association member, Wills and Trusts Subsection