WHC is looking for an intermediate real estate paralegal or conveyancer to join our friendly and supportive team. Our growing real estate practice handles a variety of transactions, including both residential, and commercial. As an experienced conveyance/paralegal you will be responsible for managing your own file load, including a variety of legal and administrative tasks. The focus of this role is residential conveyancing work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receiving and reviewing instructions from realtors and lenders
- Obtaining applicable searches and due diligence
- Being the liaison with solicitors for other parties, and drafting correspondence to clients, purchasers, solicitors, and financial institutions
- Reviewing and preparing various real estate documents, and handling Land Title Office registrations and filings
- Involvement in all aspects of a closing, including scheduling, expediting items to meet deadlines, coordinating receipt of closing documents and funds, reviewing/revising final closing documentation, conducting/verifying final title search requirements, and completing the registration documentation
- Final reporting and final due diligence
- 2+ years’ experience working in real estate, and demonstrated knowledge of relevant procedures, statutes, rules and regulations
- Strong communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate with clients and other stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to remain organized when managing multiple files, and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work well with both lawyers and staff in a team oriented environment
- Technological proficiency in Microsoft office suite (familiarity with e-conveyance, PC Law, and Adobe are an asset)
Apply by completing the form below or by emailing your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Manager, Carrie-Anne Hinder at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted. All applicants will be kept in confidence.