We are seeking a full time Paralegal to join our litigation department. Our Litigation team is involved in all aspects of civil litigation, including disputes arising out of real estate, contract and commercial transactions, realizations, shareholder rights, professional errors and omissions and malpractice and negligence/personal injury litigation.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- assisting two busy litigators in the preparation, development and handling of personal injury defence files for litigation (including ICBC files),
- prepare pleadings including Responses to Civil Claim, List of Documents, drafting Chambers applications,
- reviewing files, identifying legal issues, ensuring relevant records and documents are obtained,
- assisting counsel in preparing for examinations for discovery, mediation and trials,
- coordinating with support staff
Experience and Skills
- successful completion of an accredited Paralegal program,
- 2+ years’ paralegal experience in civil litigation,
- strong legal analysis and critical thinking skills,
- detailed oriented and have excellent organizational and time-management skills,
- ability to work collaboratively with lawyers and LAAs,
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal,
- strong attention to detail, and solid work-ethic,
- ability to handle sensitive and confidential information,
- a self-starter with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment,
- technological proficiency, including in programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and time tracking software.
Apply by completing the form below or by emailing your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Coordinator, Amy Sobels at email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted. All applicants will be kept in confidence.