We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant (Floater) to join our team. The role is an entry level position and an excellent opportunity to begin a career in legal administration. You will assist with major trials and transactions as well as provide vacation coverage for other LAAs. This is an entry level role so training will be provided by our experienced team of LAAs and paralegals.
We are looking for a fast learner who pays attention to detail and works well in a collaborative team environment. You are very well organized, understand urgency and how to prioritize when faced with multiple deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide vacation coverage for other Legal Administrative Assistants
- Undertake tasks delegated to you by lawyers, paralegals and other LAAs which might include:
- Assisting with preparation for a large trial or transaction
- File management from opening to closing, both paper and electronic
- Reviewing incoming correspondence and drafting responses
- Being the liaison with solicitors and other parties
- Scheduling appointments, trial, examination for discoveries, experts, and other calendar management
- Drafting pleadings and other related Court documents
- Arranging filings at the Courts and other government registry services
- obtaining searches from government databases such as BC Online, and other due diligence
- Editing marked-up documents
- Assisting with invoicing
Experience & Skills:
- Graduated from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program, or currently undertaking studies to obtain a qualification from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program
- Experience working with sensitive/confidential information
- Previous experience in a professional office environment is as asset
- Previous experience in the legal industry is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well with both lawyers and staff in a team oriented environment
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, and meet objectives
- Detail oriented, well organized and efficient
- Desire to learn and assume additional responsibilities as time progresses
- Technological proficiency, including in Adobe and MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and the ability to learn how to use new software programs.
Apply by completing the form below or by emailing your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Coordinator, Amy Sobels at email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; only those offered an interview will be contacted. All applicants will be kept in confidence.