WHC is seeking a fulltime Accounting Clerk/Receptionist to join our office. The role is an entry level position and an excellent opportunity to enter the administrative department of a law firm. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will assist with general accounting functions, including processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, disbursement entry and corrections, preparing bank deposits and reconciling a wide variety of invoices. You will be the first point of contact for our clients visiting our office, and when answering the phone.
This is an entry level role so training will be provided. We are looking for someone with a customer oriented mindset who has an interest in accounting/office administration. You will be a fast learner who pays attention to detail and works well in a collaborative team environment. You are very well organized, understand urgency and how to prioritize when faced with multiple deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process weekly A/P run and prepare general cheques as requested
- Process accounts receivable and reconcile invoices
- Disbursement entry and correction
- Preparing bank deposits and daily bank run
- Maintain accounting files, limitation diary, library books and updates
- Assist with closing files
- Greet and direct clients who attend our office for meetings
- Answer incoming calls and general enquiries
- Open and distribute faxes, mail and courier letters
- Arrange courier services
- Prepare registered mail, and go to the post office
- Coordinate boardroom bookings and maintain boardroom cleanliness
- Load dishwasher at the end of the day, and monitor stock of supplies such as paper towels and soap
Experience & Skills:
- Experience in a customer facing role/customer service experience
- Experience working with sensitive/confidential information
- Previous experience in a professional office environment is as asset
- Previous experience in the legal industry is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well with both lawyers and staff in a team oriented environment
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently and meet objectives with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, well organized with efficient data entry skills
- Desire to learn and assume additional responsibilities as time progresses
- Technological proficiency, including in MS Office applications such as Outlook, Adobe and the ability to learn how to use new software programs.
Apply by completing the form below or by emailing your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Coordinator, Amy Sobels at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted. All applicants will be kept in confidence.